1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe the Forum could be restructured to make it easier to negotiate...?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Damien, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

I am beginning to settle in here a bit more, and to like this place very much :slight_smile:. But there is a problem of actually keeping up with the seemingly vast amount of members, and their posts which seem to pour in every day. I wonder if this Forum would benefit from having some division between the different gender identities, for example, the gay men have one section, the lesbian women another, etc, and within each of those main sections, could fall the topics of 'gender identity and expression', 'lgbt later in life', 'family and relationships', etc. That might make posts easier to keep up with, because it would essentially divide by about a quarter how many were in each main section. For the more 'fun' oriented topics, it could just be kept open to all. But I find that, many of the more 'serious' topics mostly apply to one particular 'gender type' anyway, and many of the replies are from the same 'type' as posed the question.
    '
    Please note, I do think that the current system is great in that everybody is mingling and supporting each other together, whether l,g,b.t,q, or whatever! It's just that, there are sooo many members, and the forums seem to have a large turnover of both topics and posts, and I find it hard to keep up, everything seems to move much faster hare than in other Forums I've been with...does anyone know what I mean by all this?

Damien

#1 Damien, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  2. LD579

That might be too divisive and could lead to cliques of sorts, which wouldn't be very good for the site's atmosphere. We want the site to be as inclusive as possible, and it sounds like the potential benefits from that set up would have downsides as a result from the restructuring.

Here's an alternative solution: if you want to follow threads that interest you, you can subscribe to them at the top of the thread. So, for instance, you could go to the first post and look above it, where it'll say "Thread Tools". Click on that and subscribe to it, and then you can go to My Settings and see a list of your subscribed threads.

3. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know what you mean about not wanting it to get divided...as I said, it is really nice how all types of folk jump in and support / chat with each other, yes ultimately I do agree with you; the advantages of this outweigh the fact that it seems to get quite busy.

Maybe it's just my lack of being able to understand how to use this site properly. For example: is there a 'view my posts' link so that I can at least keep track of things I have written, and to see if the person I replied to, replied back as well?

Damien

4. Jonathan

Click on your name and then choose "Find More Posts by Damien" :slight_smile:

5. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you, yes I found it under the 'statistics' tab...all good now :slight_smile: