1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile Skin

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Hydrogen, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Hydrogen

We need a mobile skin... So I can play aroind on EC from my blackberry when I get board... I am on it way more then my computer.

Like now I am using my BB, but it takes ages to load the default skin, and then to scroll around...... Ahhhhh

So what are the chances of getting a Mobile skin?

Also (might be a long shot) but it could help with people eho share a computer and are afraid to come to EC and look around, they may be more willing to perticipate if they can do it from the privacy of their phone...

Just my 2 cents

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I posted about this many months ago, around last December I think (thinking of people being away for Christmas), and nobody seemed interested.

As with the other skin discussion it is a LOT of work to make it work with all our add-ons and is not worth the bother unless quite a few people will be using it.

So at the moment the chances are fairly slim. A lot of recent phones etc can display the normal skin fairly well anyway.

3. Ty

Ty Guest

My iPhone displays the webpage exactly the same as on a computer:slight_smile:

4. Grof142007

that make me really wanna get a Iphone:dry:

5. Andrew

oh my! if EC gets a mobile skin, that would be amazing <3.

:slight_smile:

-Luis

6. Hydrogen

Anyone else? come on...

(Ty... sure the iPhone can render the regular skin, but it still takes forever when on edge... and don't get me started on the keyboard :slight_smile: )

7. Hydrogen

**bump** (I'm not going to stop... :slight_smile: )

8. Corny

Corny Guest

9. Hydrogen

That works great to read the site... but limits any interaction since you can't post from there.

There are quite a few free mobile skins.. and in reality I can't see what would really need to be changed. If you were worried about abuse, you could limit the skin to only Full Members, etc.

I still think it would make it easier for people who share a computer, and are afraid to come here b/c they could be caught, etc. Where as most teens have their own phones, and could feel more secure using it to interact here. (Just my 2 cents)

... and then there is me, which I do admit my request is unique... but ah, it gets boring out here sometimes and I would love to be able to help out here while sitting on the side of the road waiting for something to go down...

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Geez, it's not a political lobbying issue! All this bumping and pushing the issue plus the signature advert is starting to irritate me and make it LESS likely to happen.

It seems, as happened when this was suggested before, that there is very little interest in the idea. Just you and one other person in three days....

11. Hydrogen

Fine.. I'll drop it