1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I know someone has quoted me?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by heyguyswhatsup, Jul 20, 2014.

1. heyguyswhatsup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It seems to people that they get it straight away and can reply instantly to people who quote them, but I have to manually go through every forum I've posted on in order to know.

Is there a quick way I'm unaware of, or is it just manually checking all of them?

Thanks guys.

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As astounding and also annoying as it may be, people are manually checking the threads to see if they've been quoted.

I don't know if you've set up any subscription preferences yet, but that helps me watch for new responses on all of the threads I've posted on.

To set up your subscription preferences go to your options, scroll down to "Default Thread Subscription Mode", then select an option from the dropdown menu.
    I have mine set to "No email notification" because I don't want that many emails, but I still want to be able to see my subscribed threads.
    After you've selected a preference and saved your changes, if you click "My Settings" a list will be shown of the threads you've posted on, and the ones with new posts will be bolded.

This has come up before because it would be awesome to have. Here is the reason why we can't have quote notifications on the forum:

3. heyguyswhatsup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Not really, but I'm not after the technicalities behind it all haha, but at least I know they've considered these things.

I guess I'll have to manually sub every thread I post on.. thanks heaps. :slight_smile: