1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Videos Questions continued

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by pirateninja, Sep 6, 2008.

1. pirateninja

So, yeah, I was interested in videos namely because I have done some in the past (Beard or No Beard and the SP Battle trailer) and had some ideas for some in the future. So at the moment, it's a no-no on the link and [youtube] etc, right?

Anyway, forgive me for asking idiotic questions and hijacking the thread, but I do enjoy showing other EC members my (very few) videos so it does make it easier just being able to post up our own.

By the way, the trailer is still viewable on the thread below, so I don't know if you want to take it off or something in the meantime;

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12735

Anyway, thanks for answering my questions in the other thread :thumbsup:

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any videos that come from your personal youtube profile is not currently allowed to be posted. The problem is not so much the video, or the fact you're in it, it's due to the link that allows anybody to be forwarded to your youtube page and profile. That then gives them the ability to communicate with you off the site, but would still make EC liable for that as we failed to allow such a flaw on the forum despite having so many other security features in place.

We are aware that it really does suck the fun out of it, and that EC members do enjoy posting such videos (myself included). That is why there is a discussion going on at the moment about the possibility of removing the "Youtube Video" link from the box that appears when you use the video tags. If this happened then we aren't allowing any direct links to your profiles so it's the nearest we could get to being safe without banning youtube videos altogether. I'm not sure how feasible this is yet, but it is something that Paul has expressed interest in looking into so we can allow the videos.

That's pretty much all I can tell you for now as the discussion on it hasn't brought up anything else. You or any other members are welcome to have a say or give any suggestions, but we will also keep you all updated on what the discussion does bring up. We know that posting youtube threads are a popular feature on here so it's something we want to try and find a solution to asap.

(sorry for any spelling mistakes. i'm doing 100 different things at once :astonished:)

3. pirateninja

That sounds like a good plan of action. I know you mods try to make this place as safe and fun as possible, so it is very much appreciated.

And thanks again for answering my questions. :grin: