1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IMG Tags - Signatures

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Martin, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey peeps,

I am just letting you all know that IMG tags in signatures will be switched off this weekend. Anybody wishing to displays pictures in their signatures will have to use the attachments uploader and make sure that the picture meets the restrictions in place.

This has been done to avoid any large pictures being put in signatures using IMG tags. The only way we can control the size of pictures is by making sure all images in signatures have been uploaded onto EC as attachments. IMG tags do not allow us to make such restrictions so it is felt that we can no longer allow them as they are easily open to abuse.

Just a little warning for ye all. :grin:

2. SamAlex728

like YOURS?! =P

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

This is now done.

I have also restricted them to no more than 2 images (including smilies), no more than 4 lines of text, text size no bigger than 4, and disabled quotes, lists, code and other unnecessary tags.

Several of your signatures may have broken as a result of this. When creating a new one please remember that the signature is supposed to be just a couple of lines to sign off your message. Huge signatures just distract from the thread.

4. Starlight

Starlight Guest

4 Lines seems unfair, its not like people who have six lines make the text massively huge in the first place.

5. Martin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There needs to be a limit though. If we increased it to 6 then you could easily say 8 lines doesn't make it massive, and so on. The line needs to be drew (drawn?) somewhere. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Starlight

Starlight Guest

The line was drawn at 6 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, thats what it was at. As far as I'm aware no one has ever wanted it increased.

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

And with six lines we ended up with some massive signatures with quotes and all sorts, so it's been reduced a bit to try to control these.

It is only for signing off your message, not for your life history or other crap. 4 lines and an image should be ample.

8. Martin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always thought the limit was 5 lines. Shows what I know. :grin:

9. Starlight

Starlight Guest

It counts mine as more than 6 lines of text, despite the fact that it appears as an image and 4 lines of text.

I'm not trying to be a pain by the way :grin:

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It assumes 90 characters is a line, so if a line is longer than that it would be regarded as two (or more) lines. Maybe that's what's happening? That line calculation hasn't changed.