1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signatures

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by SamAlex728, Sep 22, 2008.

1. SamAlex728

For some reason, I can't really do anything to my sig. I've seen people with longer sigs and bigger fonts that have color as well. If I up the font, change the font, or add color, it says it's too big, when it really isn't. Help, please.

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

We've applied some restrictions to signatures recently which prevents bigger fonts, external images, quotes, more than 4 lines of text etc.

It doesn't affect existing signatures though, so the ones you see probably haven't been changed since the restrictions were added. When they try to edit them they will hit the new limitations too.

3. Tim

Tim

Hmm, I Know it's for safety or bandwidth issues, but isn't that a bit... too much? :confused:

4. Hugo Boss

why??

there is always a massive white empty section ...

5. SamAlex728

but what does color have to do with size?

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Colour shouldn't be affected, so you should be able to use any colour text you like. If that doesn't work I'll have another look when I've got a bit more time (probably at the weekend).

The main reason is not safety or bandwidth, it's because some people had massive signatures with big text and images that took up more space than their posts. This can become a major distraction when reading threads. So we limited the amount of text and image sizes to reduce that.

We removed links because most of those people had went to thinks like facebook profiles which if course is not allowed with the new safety requirements.

Perhaps someone can list what is and isn't allowed when you try to edit or create one now? The options in the vBulletin admin for this are not that obvious so it may need some more tweaking to get it right.

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

With Martin's help (using a test account) I think we've sorted out the problems now. Text font, sizes and colours should all work fine now, and you should be able to use up to 10 smilies.

There seemed to be a bug with some of the settings causing further restrictions that didn't make sense before (I've changed settings a bit to work around it), so it became more restricted than we intended. Sorry about that, but hopefully you can create some good signatures again now. :slight_smile:

8. SamAlex728

Still won't let me add color :icon_sad:

9. Martin_Testing

Okies, make sure the colour code is inside the center code, so that it looks like this:

[ CENTER ][ COLOR="X" ]~My one and only faghag: MeskElil~
    ~"Oh my god, the world's going to blow up tomorrow. We're going to be sucked through the ass of the world backwards!"~
    ~Helen~[/COLOR][/CENTER]

For some reason it doesn't work if the codes are the other way round. :confused:

10. SamAlex728

Yay! And now I can do my font, too! Thankies!