1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you guys think that there should be a seperate "Arts" forum?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by 101DeadRoses, Oct 4, 2014.

1. 101DeadRoses

Y'know, just for poetry and drawing and such?

---------- Post added 4th Oct 2014 at 01:31 PM ----------

Whoops, I meant "Separate."

2. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Given the sometimes blurry line between art and entertainment, I think it might be best to keep it in one place. I can imagine quite a few mispostings of threads - and also quibbles over which subforum they ought to be in.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The staff team has discussed similar things before.

Both organizationally and in terms of what the community is so far, EC is focused primarily on support. There are a whole lot of different areas we could create forums on, from politics to religion to arts to hobbies to specialized psychological issues to probably a million other things. But we've (thus far at least) chosen to stay pretty close to our core focus, which is support and discussion primarily focused around coming out and other issues that LGBT people need help with.

Our thought is that there are plenty of other communities who cover those topics in much more depth, and likely better, than we ever could. So, for now at least, we're inclined to stick with our core competence. :slight_smile:

4. Kriskluwe

Kriskluwe Guest

Man I have so many opinions today. Sorry, I don't know squat about art but.....I do think it might be worth it to consider a separate juvie section . I mean to separate us from them .

5. RainbowMan

I'm not sure what you mean by "juvie section", but the second part of your statement about separating "us" from "them" is extremely concerning. Something that we've always held dear is that there is to be no separation of various populations, beyond what organically exists, or that might be seen as inviting a different population to participate (the LGBT Later in Life forum is an example of that).

We're very much against separating any one group from any other group - anyone, for example, is welcome to post in the LGBT Later In Life forum, just as anyone is welcome to post in the "Sexual and Romantic Orientation" forum. Separating that out based on age group would seem to be counterproductive (to me at least)

6. DigitalHusky

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think it'd be a GREAT idea, at least people can express themselves with art and poetry. But alas this isn't a graphics forum, its mostly a supportive forum. I have to agree with the Admin on this one. Though I do agree with the OP as well. I've been itching to post my art here to express myself. I think this is just a great community, and I have never been around forums this long before without being harassed, I think if we as a community allow rules before posting like no nudity for art and tuff, I think we can make it a huge deal here. However there is other places that do that.

7. Kriskluwe

Kriskluwe Guest

@rainbowman
    since I said it it is only my opinion . " Extremely concerning "is a little dramatic to me but whatever man. I simply meant that sometimes i think it would be easier in a lot of ways to maintain a separation between juveniles ( < 18 ) and those of the " majority age" . I think you oversimplify the aspirations of this forum. They seem unrealistic at times with regard to age. But let me rewrite : it is an a opinion I had. Given my hormonal fluxes at the moment I wouldn't be too concerned if I were you. I would venture to guess that there are far more disconcerting things here, and in life, to concern oneself over. It was also expressed in a thread about art, another topic , as I stated , I know squat about . So I am perfectly willing to concede that I know naught from what I speak of ...on any topic.

8. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you wanted to share your art, you could always make a separate album for it :slight_smile: I think a few members have done that. Likewise for poetry you could blog it (just don't save it as a draft or you'll never get rid of it :lol: )

9. ThePrideInside4

That would be a perfect idea!
    I'm a poet and an artist. ^υ^

10. Gen

Gen

I have to agree that it would make more sense structurally to keep the designated forums aligned with the central purpose of the site; however, even when considering the idea of creating such a forum, it doesn't seem as justified considering we don't actually receive a lot of threads on the forum about artistic and writing topics. While it is clear that they are quite a few creative minds in the community, most members tend to talk about the projects their are working on rather than actually submitting them. (Not that this means that anyone should feel the need to because I have said this.)

11. prussianblue100

I am a fanfiction writer. I'm using other people's characters and not my own, but it's still writing nonetheless. I do think it's a nice idea, however, I'm going to have to go with Chip on this one. If you don't already have an account, DeviantART is a good place to post your art. I have an account there, but I never post anything since Fanfiction.net is where I post my fanfics and stuff.