1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An iOS Application

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by ZestyLion, Nov 1, 2014.

1. ZestyLion

There should be an EmptyClosets iOS app. It could have a forum section, members section, chat room section, etc. It could be free and supported with ads. I know I would use this, and I'm sure many others would too. Also, an Android app could also be created.

2. LD579

This actually comes up a lot. This post has lots of links to discussions about the matter.

3. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

It is a shame something like https://tapatalk.com/ can't be used, it's made life a lot simpler on other forums :wink:

4. Blossom85

I have an iPad, so I use this site in safari and I don't have any issues., I actually prefer it to being on computer actually and if I just wanna read posts, I do that on my phone.

5. flatlander48

The thing that I don't like is that many mobile apps are scaled way back from their desktop counterparts. If you use both, often you're looking for desktop features on the mobile app that are just not there.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are privacy and security issues with tapatalk that are in conflict with EC's policies which is why that isn't an option. It's something on the list, and as has been stated, it comes up just about every week (does no one ever search before posting??) so we know it's something our members really want.

It's high on the list as soon as we choose a new platform and start implementing the switch to that platform.

7. RainbowMan

Not only that, it's in the sticky at the top of this forum!

8. QWERTz

QWERTz Guest

Wouldn't EC need access to the vBulletin API?
    That's if there even is one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. Kriskluwe

Kriskluwe Guest

Id take anything over the constant issues with the ios8 update on my mini . I doubt an app woukd help doe

10. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    vB (and whatever other platform we go to) resides (or will reside) on our server, and the code is open and unobfuscated, so there's no need for an API. Generally, an API is only required with hosted or cloud-based solutions.