1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how did you upload profile pic?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Wildside, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Wildside

Wildside Guest

I've resized my photo to well under the parameters listed, but it keeps giving me a failure message every time I upload my profile pic. I would like to have one with my profile because if I can't come out here, where can I?! Does anybody have any lessons learned about uploading profile pics? Thank you!!! (!)

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't have a problem, but the others might be able to help. Why don't you post this here in the technical help and feedback forum? They'll probably get to the bottom of it!

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The problem may not be the image dimensions, but the size of the file. However I'm not sure.

If you would like me to try to upload it for you, PM me the original photo (you can upload it to an image site, like imgur.com) and I'll take a look at it when I get home from work in a half an hour or so.

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

thanks, but I don't think that I can PM. I just joined a couple days ago, so I'm a regular user, not a full user. I tried to send someone a message and it said I can't do messages until I'm a full user. :bang: (and yeah, the file size is also WAY under the limit, 12K)

5. Jonathan

As a regular member, the only members you can send private messages to are staff members. So you should have no issues sending a PM to TJ :slight_smile:

6. Wildside

Wildside Guest

Thanks for all the help. I think I finally figured it out. I actually was loading the photos, but was clicking on upload a second time, which resulted in the error message. I then I thought that I would see the photo in the sidebar to my posts in the forum, but then I figured out that it only shows up on the profile page itself. thanks again!

7. LD579

The photo on the sidebar to posts in the forum's called an avatar. Confusing, right? You can upload an avatar too if you like.

8. Wildside

Wildside Guest

OK cool. where do I go to upload an avatar?

9. LD579

My Settings -> Settings and Options -> Edit Avatar
    Or click here.

10. Wildside

Wildside Guest

THAT WORKED!! YIPEE!!! see my avatar at left! thanks to all of you for your patient help with this newbie!