1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time zones?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by ReadyToTell, Dec 25, 2014.

1. ReadyToTell

ReadyToTell Guest

This isn't really a problem, just wondering, where is EC based?
    Before I sign in, the time is up to 3 hours behind my local time on recent posts. However, when I log in, guessing since I have my settings on US Eastern time, they go to my normal time. Is EC based in the Mountain or Pacific time zone? Silly question but jw. Merry Christmas!

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,

I believe that EC's default time zone setting is Pacific Time, unless changed by the member upon registration or at some point during their membership. The non-profit organisation that runs EC is registered in California, but the time zone default is something that pre-dates that and has been around for ages. I've got no idea whether it's a standard vBulletin setting, or whether an admin set it as that before I arrived.

So, yeah, although EC's based in California, it's just a coincidence that our default time zone just happens to align with it. :slight_smile: There's probably a setting somewhere in Admin CP that allows it to be changed, but I've never actually looked.

Martin.

3. ReadyToTell

ReadyToTell Guest

Thank you! I was just curious.