1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donation: What would show up on billing statement?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by AwesomGaytheist, Dec 31, 2014.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey folks, you can feel free to move as necessary.

I'm planning on donating, however the one thing I'm worried about is what will show up on my bank statement. I'm new to PayPal, and since my parents have their names on my bank account, I'm just wondering if it would show up as PayPal or EmptyClosets. It's obvious why this would be an issue for some members, so any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sure the staff can answer this better, but I thought I'd chime in seeing as I just donated.

On my PayPal account, you can see that I've sent money to Empty Closets Community Services.

However, on my bank account statement, it just shows up as "PAYPAL PAYMENT". So if you share a bank account with your parents, that should be okay. As long as you don't share a PayPal account with them also.

3. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,

I can confirm this is how Paypal payments appear for me too. In my paypal account, the statements do list who the payment was sent to (in this case Empty Closets Community Services), but my online and paper bank statements just list any paypal transactions as 'Paypal Payment'.

I'm hoping this isn't something that varies between banks, though. If you've used paypal before for any transactions and your bank statements are only displaying it as 'Paypal Payment' then you should be fine. However, I'm not 100% sure how universal this is, so people may wish to check their bank statements history if this is something that may understandably be of concern to them.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Martin.

4. Martin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, and of course, thanks to those who have donated or who are considering it. Tis hugely appreciated! :slight_smile:

Martin.

5. Martin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,

Sorry for the conflicting messages on this, but having consulted further, it's still uncertain about what exactly appears on certain bank statements. I dont get statements revealimg organisations ID, but it appears other people have on some previous transactions, so we're looking into which occurs for EC. I'm looking into this further to get a concrete answer one way or the other, but it is proving a bit difficult due to it being the new year.

As soon as I've got a proper answer to this, I'll update the thread.

Sorry for the confusion!

6. photoguy93

If you're worried about it, could you just deposit money into your PayPal account? Like... Add funds to it, or whatever? I know you can keep a balance and it uses your bank as a secondary.
    Just throwing it out there!

7. Martin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everybody,

Sorry for the delay when replying to this.

I just wanted to let you all know that Chip has changed the organisation's ID that will appear on any Paypal or Bank statements. It's now set to be either: Paypal*ECCS or Paypal*EC.Comm Svcs.

It appears that when logged into Paypal, the statement always displays the ID that the payment is sent to, so in this case it will say one of those two names. In the case of bank statements, this appears to vary. From now on, you'll either have a bank statement that just says 'Paypal Payment' followed by a transaction ID, or it will say one of those two names above. We're hoping, should your statement display this, that it's sufficiently vague enough so as not to cause any awkward questions.

Please let us know if there's any problems etc.

Martin.