1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BT "Parental Controls" flagging this forum.

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Spartan 117, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not so much a request for help or feedback, but more of a heads up really.

My internet service provider, BT (I'm in the UK) seems to be rolling out this whole "opt in or out of parental controls" and blocked me from accessing EC just now until I agreed to keep parental controls switched off. I repeatedly tried to say "accept and continue" but it took several attempts before it finally unblocked the forum.

Ugh, this is utterly ridiculous and I worry about our young members in the UK with families that might block access to this website. I'm not sure there's a lot we can do about it, I just thought I'd let you guys know about the issue.

---------- Post added 5th Jan 2015 at 10:41 PM ----------

Actually, I could be wrong about this. I posted this because EC was the only website that came up with the "Parental controls" message, but it later appeared randomly on Wikipedia. So I guess it could just be a highly irritating way to get you to agree or disagree to parental controls, and nothing to do with this specific website. Sorry about that, if this is the case!

2. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Poor nanny state. "OMG...they talk about penis here, better block it." LOL

3. indiqo

concerning.

4. lucky516

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Apple already considers anything that is LGBTQ to be adult content therefor blocking it on "restrict adult content mode" but heterosexual stuff is fine. *face to palm*