1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Posting pictures issues

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by MisterTinkles, Feb 4, 2015.

1. MisterTinkles

Hello:

Is there not a way to limit the large size of any picture posted?
    Sometimes I will post a picture and it will be freeking HUGE and take up two or three screens (you have to slide the pic over).
    Isn't there any way that the site can auto adjust the largest size to the average message space on the page?

Also, am I missing the icon that lets you post a pic from your pc files? I have not found any way to post a pic from my pc files.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

You might want to consider a TinyPic account.

I have one and save images on there, not only due to the ridiculous storage space, but because it allows you, upon uploading an image, to revert the size -- this is what I do, usually.

It's really convenient and easy.

3. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One thing to be mindful of is that some storage sites, such as Photobucket, will provide a picture link that displays the username of the host account. As highlighted within the CoC (and the horrible yellow warning banner), any off-site usernames that are posted or displayed is a violation of the public information rule, so just be mindful of the link format of any sites you use before linking. I'm not familiar with how TinyPic displays links, so if it just displays a load of gibberish then that's fine. If, however, it contains something like http://www.tinypic.com/[username]/[picturetitle] then that would be a violation.

If linking direct under IMG tags, there's not really much that can be done to alter the display size, as it's purely providing a copy of the picture as it is displayed online from the source provided. We can't interfere with that in any way as it's not something within our control, other than to allow IMG tags to begin with. In those cases, you could use spoiler tags to stop it taking up so much room, with a warning that opening the spoiler causes a large picture to appear.
    insert big picture here

When on a new thread or post page, there's a box underneath the smilies called 'Additional Options' (where the poll option is displayed). You should be able to see a button called 'Manage Attachments', which can allow you to upload files from your computer or device. vBulletin should resize any pictures which has dimensions outside of our requirements, so that should significantly shrink the size of any pictures displayed. However, like with the gallery, uploaded content shouldn't be of copyrighted material, as this could be construed as ownership of that material and thus anger any copyright holders who may spot that permission to take it and reupload was not sought.

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you right click the huge image and hit "Search Google for this image" in Google Chrome, you can search by size and find a smaller one that won't be so obnoxiously large. Hope this helps.