1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gif in signature not working?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Batman, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone!

So I changed my signature, (after many minutes spent finding a gif whose size the uploader thing supported) but , it appears as though the gif isn't showing its animation. It seems to just be staying on one frame.

I uploaded this image from this location, where it is running fine : http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbwkv9LkNC1rugrbn.gif

I doubt the problem is the device I'm on, as all the other gifs posted in the forum display with no troubles.That said, I would love to hear everyone's suggestions on how to fix this :slight_smile:

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. Vampire

Personally I uploaded the GIF itself to Empty Closets and then inserted [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] into the signature field.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

It's either because it isn't the allowed size (width: 500 x height: 100), or it is larger than 64kb. I suspect it may be the size, because, clicking the direct link, the image comes out to 200 x 200.

If you'd like, I'll upload it to something and see if that works:

[​IMG]

It's now 200 x 100, which should be allowable, and it's just under 16kb, which should also be allowable.

You can use that link directly or save it yourself, then upload it via EmptyClosets itself.

On a more personal note, I find that the signature allowance of 64kb to be a bit small. It could, at least, be 100kb. I can't complain though, some forums have a much smaller amount allowable for signatures, lol.​

#4 Kaiser, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    As suggested in the second link, there is the possibility to use a video.
    This would save the hassle of uploading etc.

There are tools on the web to resize a gif (do that at your own risk, watch for trustworthy sites).
    You then would have to upload the resulting gif.

#5 jay777, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015