1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chat room

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by AfraidandAlone, May 30, 2015.

1. AfraidandAlone

i dont actually have a computer i just use my phone. does any one know of any way to make the chat rooms work on a samsung galaxy s4?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think there's a Flash player that will run on Android. If so, and you install that, you may be able to get the chat room to run. We will be replacing chat with a different platform that doesn't require flash (and is hopefully more stable than the current one) when we do the site upgrades, hopefully later this summer.

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't know if this is proprietary information, but do you know if the new platform would run on Safari or whatever the Apple browser is? It'd be nice to be able to use chat from my iPad.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not certain. For one thing, we haven't absolutely decided on a chat platform, but the most likely candidate right now is IPChat, which, as far as I know, is pretty browser agonstic, so it should work on just about anything.

Given that a large part of the goal of the upgrade is support of mobile devices, since that now represents some 65% of our total pageviews, I'd consider it highly unlikely we'd choose a chat platform that wouldn't have good mobile support. We know that the new discussion board platform was built from the ground up for mobile support, so we're definitely good there.

5. AfraidandAlone