1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full membership

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by jewell, Jul 3, 2015.

1. jewell

I love your site and its great and helpful, i just was wondering why we have to do 50 posts and wait 15 days it seems to promote spamming? and also alot of people wouldn't wanna talk to a bunch of people at the same time at least pms would be good. I feel like a lot of people wanting help would be pretty discouraged by this.
    Thank you very much for the site I love it I dont mean to complain as much as just to give feedback and it very slightly frustrates me.

2. Lyana

Hi jewell and (a slightly belated) welcome to EC.

Actually, it shouldn't promote spamming. Full membership applications are considered (I believe) on a case by case basis, so if your 50 posts are all spam you're not going to make it. Most people, if they're only here to troll or find someone to hook up with, don't have the patience to make 50 quality posts. The PM restriction is because it's one of the "riskiest" sides of this forum and EC is really meant to be a safe space. It's a way to "verify" users before we let them loose, basically. Read this, it's a bit old but you might find it interesting.

If someone has a problem they'd rather not talk about to the entire forum, they can still PM a member of staff. Becoming a full member can be done rather quickly, actually, so don't let it frustrate you -- if you want to stick around, it shouldn't take long.

3. jewell

Thank you very much for your reply I hope you have a great day.

4. Foz

Foz Guest

When you apply for full membership it's not automatic, so you can't just spam post as it's reviewed by the staff team, also posts you make in the certain sections don't add anything to your post count. It currently takes about 4 weeks to get approved for full membership.