1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Posting Resumes?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by GreenMan, Jul 19, 2015.

1. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Would the staff consider it okay to post a resume for critique? Or would it not be allowed because of the rules regarding sharing personal info? Would it be better to post it to staff directly for critique?

Thank you

2. bad blood

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i know right it just like dont want us to do any thing

3. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi!

I'm not really sure about the ruling on this myself, but if you wanted a quicker staff response to this thread, I suggest submitting it to either the help and feedback forum or the ask the staff forum.

Additionally, you could just send a wall message to one of the mods :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

--edit--
    looks like it's been moved, so never mind! :grin:

#3 Batman, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd guess that the sheer amount of personal information in a resume would make it a no. It's hard to take all the personal information out of a resume and still have anything that can be critiqued.

5. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Agreed.

When companies run background checks on people, they do cross-check each piece of information on the resume. Assuming you have a job history or some kind of uniquely identifying combination of awards/details, someone could probably track you down given that information.

At the same time, without that information, it's pretty difficult to critique the resume. So, I vote no on it being allowed in EC.

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! As others have said, it is rather difficult to critique a resume properly once you remove all of the information that you would need to remove in order for you to be able to post it. In addition, when you get your resume critiqued you want somebody in person sitting across from you, explaining to you the suggestions for changes or why certain suggestions were made - much more effective. :slight_smile:

What could help, and not sure if you have done so, but have you had a chance to speak with an Employment Counsellor or go to a job centre where you can receive some help or feedback on your resume?