1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allow us to edit posts after a while

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by pastadudde, Jul 31, 2015.

1. pastadudde

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is it possible to allow posters to edit posts no matter how long after they've been posted. I am a member of another vbulletin forum and on there, you are allowed to edit your posts as many times as you want to your heart's content. Even if someone wrote something rude and amended it quickly to avoid the wrath of other posters, the mods can still check any changes in the editing, as far as I know (when it comes to vbulletin software).

I hope the admins will take this matter into consideration. it gets a bit frustrating asking a mod for help to edit a post for a simple grammatical mistake :slight_smile: and it also places a lot of unnecessary work for the mods too, I feel.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

It won't happen. Considering this forum allows us even the 10-15 minute time window already, is risky. Unlike most other forums, this one caters to minors, and to protect them and avoid any potential legal troubles, safety precautions have and should be taken. This includes limiting the ability to edit posts by non-Staff.

Somebody could circumnavigate the off-site contact information like that, then delete/edit it before too long. This is why Full Membership exists, to allow those who obtain it, a means to share off-site contact information with one another. While not totally perfect, it's to cover EC's asses in the event something does happen. After all, this is a support forum and feeling comfortable and free enough to speak, about anything from the heart and mind, requires a degree of assured protection.

3. pastadudde

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    thank you for the explanation

4. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I moderate a forum that allowed "forever edits" and things never worked out well. Staff rather stupidly asked posters to edit inappropriate posts sometimes, and they either failed to do so or changed it to a different type of flame.