1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chatroom requires Flash

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by gaynerd64, Sep 7, 2015.

1. gaynerd64

Will the chat room ever transition from Flash? My main reason for asking is because I recently purchased an iPad and it doesn't support Flash. A lot of devices are dropping support for Flash in favor of HTML 5.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. Nobody (and I think I can say that with confidence) likes the current chat software. It's unreliable, frequently breaks, doesn't support many modern devices, and in general was a piece of crap even in its day (which was 10 years ago).

It is due to be retired and replaced when we move to the new platform which, hopefully, will still happen this year.

3. Joelouis

Ah!
    This would explain why, ever since I joined EC, I've never been able to access the chat room.

4. Biker boy

Yup me to chat room never worked for me since joining says something about flash then today I tried it again says chat room closed that's how I got here...think it would be nice to see and use chatroom at least once should be a platform that everyone could us would make ec just that much better

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Biker boy, access to the chatroom is limited to full members, so once you hit 50 posts (one post away) you can apply for full membership (it's free, just takes us about 4 weeks to process applications) and at that point, if approved, you'll be able to use the chatroom from a desktop or Flash-compatible portable device.