1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Self delete feature - Disabled

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Martin, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dear members,

The staff team has had to take the difficult decision to disable the automated self-delete feature that we have historically had installed. This is due to the feature becoming a burden for the staff team to monitor, and being used in a manner that is causing unnecessary problems and complications for accounts.

However, the option to delete accounts still remains, and we will continue offering an account deletion process for the foreseeable future. It will just no longer be via the automated plugin. At present, the Administrators and Community Facilitators are discussing a new streamlined process for self-deletions, and we are hoping to roll this out within the upcoming weeks.

In the meantime, any account deletion requests may be posted in the Ask The Staff forum. Please provide brief details for the reason you would like your account deleted, to help the staff team determine that the request is not in violation of our Code of Conduct. To be clear, we aren't refusing to delete accounts unless a valid reason is given. We are only interested in preventing deletions for situations that can be fixed via simplistic alternative means, such as somebody who would like a new username and was unaware that they don't need to register a new account to get this. Once a deletion request has been cleared by the staff team, an Admin or Community Facilitator will delete your account. There are no differences between a manual deletion, and a deletion processed by our automated feature.

For anybody who had a self-delete pending, these will not process due to the feature being disabled earlier today. You may request the deletion again via the Ask The Staff forum.

More details will be provided shortly as the staff team continues to roll out the new deletion process.

Martin.

2. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No more seppukus? Booooo. It's not the same if it's assisted, that won't cleanse the shame brought upon my family. I kid, I kid

3. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, due to my lagging computer, I frequently double post. I may also want to delete something just after I post once I read into the thread more and realize the sub-topic has been deal with. How will these situations be handled currently? Please and thanks.

4. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The self-deletion feature they are taking out is the one that allowed you to delete your account. You can still delete your posts.

5. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, to clarify: we're talking about people "leaving" EC by deleting their account. :slight_smile:

6. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ohhh...thanks guys.

---------- Post added 16th Sep 2015 at 03:05 PM ----------

This is a good idea in case someone vengeful would hack an account. Very pleased by this decision. I thought it was both deleting an account and a post.

7. QuestionMan

QuestionMan Guest

So Ive asked a moderator to delete my account but havent heard anything from them and obviously, my account is still active. What do i do?

8. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ask the Staff has a lot of traffic for the mods to address. I would strongly suggest waiting a few days if you haven't already done that.