1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Private Messages

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by N3p7uN3, Jan 5, 2009.

1. N3p7uN3

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Why cannot regular/full members make posts to other regular/full members? I think that's really asinine because I was hoping to use this form as a way to message my boyfriend whilst at school. Please explain.

#1 N3p7uN3, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  2. Dazed

Dazed Guest

only full members can send private messages to other full member.
    but if youre not a full member you can leave wall messages until you are full member.
    you can leave wall messages to anyone.
    this is because of rules to keep everyone safe. and im sure one of the mods can answer this a little bit better

3. biisme

As Gin Uh Fur said, you can post a wall message to anyone that you want to.

Regular Members cannot Private Message (PM) other members. They can only PM the Staff (Admins, Mods, Advisors, Experts, Chat Mods, and SuperMods). This came about do to an unfortunate incident between an older member of EC and several younger users. Innapropriate PMs were exchanged. It was determined that in order for the site to continue, for EC to be legally sound, and all the members to be safe, that only Full Members can PM other Full Members. After you have been here for a little bit and have posted for a while you can apply to be a Full Member.

More information about this subject can be found here in the FAQs: http://emptyclosets.com/home/pages/welcome/website-faq.php

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

There's a lot of the background in this thread, especially posts #4 and #8. This should help you understand why we need to have these restrictions and what bought it about.

5. N3p7uN3

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well that clears up a lot. Unfortunately, it does not surprise me that a forum like this would be infiltrated, especially in it's supportive nature.