1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do You Edit / Add to Blogs?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Matt5110, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Matt5110

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I started my first blog and wanted to add to that particular entry - there's only the one. I saved it dot the 'draft' folder but when I go there there doesn't seem to be any button or was to add to or edit it in any way. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    Matt

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there, Matt, :slight_smile:
    The blog system for this forum platform is not intuitive at all (we're switching to a new software soon).
    Unless your permissions are different than mine, there should be a small pencil icon in the bottle-right corner of your draft. Assuming that's there, you can click that to edit it.

Please note that you can't delete blog drafts for some strange reason.

Anyway, if you have any other questions, let us know! :grin:

3. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Unfortunately, it appears that once something is saved as a draft, it stays a draft forever. I have had this problem, and it seems to me this topic of conversation has come up before on the forum.

You can open the draft for reading, and you should be able to copy the text and paste it elsewhere so you can work on it.

When I post to my blog here, I write and edit elsewhere (say, a word processor). When ready to post, I copy the text and paste it into the EC blog text entry box.

Note one other quirk: it seems to me the system by default limits who can see your blog. If I recall right, only the author can see it. You can change the permissions (if so desired) in the "Blog Control Panel". (This can be reached via various ways. It's under the blog options menu. You see this on the screen on roughly the upper left when you have the text box for posting to your blog.)

4. Matt5110

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thanks guys! I'll give your suggestions a try. New here so still trying to learn the ropes.

Matt