1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

privacy settings for blogs suggestion

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Distant Echo, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Distant Echo

Is there a possibility of setting up the ability to choose the privacy settings for individual blogs? i.e. my blogs are currently set for friends/contacts but I would like to be able to set some for my viewing only, and I'm sure there are some members who who like to have some set for everyone to read and others for friends only etc.
    Is this possible?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As far as I know, our current platform doesn't support that. I'm not sure if the new platform will, but I can tell you that on the whole, it is a lot more feature-rich than our current platform, and many of the permissions settings are more flexible, so it is possible it will support that. We won't know for several months yet, most likely.

3. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you just want someplace to write just for yourself and yourself only, you might seriously consider using some other approach. I've used the blog here. I've have had WordPress experience (both as a contributing writer, and also a Wordpress.com blog), and I have recently started using Blogspot to create yet another blog. Frankly, the EC blogging system is--at best--frustrating on a number of levels. There is no way in hell I'd use it ever if if were not for the fact that it's the one and only option here.

For any sort of writing for myself only, I just use a word processor or plain text editor. This dates back to the days when my only option was the mighty WriteNow for Macintosh. But I see an advantage now in that I control the files--less risk of ISP incompetence causing data to go bye-bye, and less chance of unauthorized viewers hacking in and seeing my mindless babbles.

#3 BMC77, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015