1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If U make a double post, 1 can be deleted.

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by SonicBoom, Nov 28, 2015.

1. SonicBoom

If you make post and hit "reply" and you end up with a double post, you can delete one of them without both post being deleted.

To delete the double post that you don't want.
    Click on edit.
    Click on delete post.

Before when I made a double post, I would just leave them both there because I was afraid that if I deleted one, both will be deleted.

I'm just passing along something I learned because it seems that quite a few us end up double posting.

#1 SonicBoom, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This seems to have been an issue since the data loss. If you realize that you have double posted after the editing period, you can just report it and include in the report reason that it's a double post and we'll take care of it :slight_smile:

3. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Alternatively, if you're careful to only hit the submit button once, you might be able to avoid double posting altogether. I've noticed the site has been somewhat laggy as of late, at least for me. Mashing the submit button while experiencing lag could be the reason for some of the double posting.

4. candyjiru

For me, I will click submit once, but then it will take up to 2 minutes for it to actually go through and freezes the whole site @.@ When this happens, I've been deleting the second post if I can, but sometimes I get tired of waiting and go off to another site and the editing period has passed T.T

5. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^This is correct. You only need to click submit once and the post will appear. If you click submit two or three times it will create multiple posts on the forum. Staff are aware of the intermittent issues with the site.