1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog question

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by analogue, Apr 1, 2016.

1. analogue

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I made a blog post that I saved to my drafts, but I cannot figure out how to edit or delete the draft. Can someone help me? Thanks

2. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unless something has changed, I don't believe you can! A while back now, the rules on EC changed so you couldn't give out contact details. To support this, all ways you could possibly do this was removed, including the ability to self delete/edit blog posts (need admin to do this). Unfortunately, as it's a draft admin can't see it to delete it for you. What's been recommended in previous years, is to simply have a word document or similar on your computer, and write your drafts there, and copy and paste them when they are done :slight_smile:

Of course, this may have changed by now, but given the forum looks how it did when I left, I suspect I'm right :slight_smile:

3. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Once saved to drafts, a blog post is pretty much lost forever. It's not possible to open it to edit, or, one assumes, post. I learned this the hard way, as have many others. You can copy the text and paste it into a new compose window.

When I write a blog post, I do it in a word processor or text editor, and try to get it as polished as possible. Then, I paste it to the EC forum blog entry system, do a final editing, format, and then post.

And, as mentioned above, published posts cannot be changed or deleted by anyone but a staff member here.