1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quotes missing in advanced reply

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by JB2015, May 11, 2016.

1. JB2015

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have experienced this 3 times now.
    When replying to a post with quotes (ie there are already quotes in the post you are reply quoting to) there can be one or several quotes that don't show up in the editor.
    You will just see the posters reply, with blank space above that equaling the number of lines where the quoted text was.

Very frustrating, especially if you are referencing the previous quote in the reply.

Hope I did not word that too confusingly, and sorry if this has already been reported.

2. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If i understand your post correctly, it'll be because i believe we can only stack two quotes? Ie

That's a stack of three, but I just previewed and all three show up, so I'm not sure after all.

EDIT: even after posting they still show. I was under the impression we could only nest two, to make it less confusing? Unless I'm getting confused with a different forum.

JB2015, are you able to show us what is happening to you? (Take a screenshot, crop it to the post, and upload here as an attachment)

#2 Fairybread, May 12, 2016
    Last edited: May 12, 2016
  3. JB2015

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    EC.jpg

(You will notice only one of the quote tags showed up and there is space there)

(Had I actually wanted to quote the missing section; it would be gone completely and there would just be space there)

(I have to go to the top or bottom where the posts in the thread show up and copy and paste the missing text back)

#3 JB2015, May 12, 2016
    Last edited: May 12, 2016
  4. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah yep, upon attempting to quote my own post, it only nests two, so it is what I thought. It's to avoid long quote sections. Besides manually entering it, I don't know another way to have more than two nested quotes.

5. JB2015

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I recognize 'excessive' quoting must be annoying to some users.
    (I say that because of another fourm I read where they have an entire sticky on the matter) but in my cases it made sense (to me) to quote the previous quotes alone with their responce:shrug:

Thanks for taking the time to answer

#5 JB2015, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016