1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat Conversations & Bullying - Read

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Martin, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey peeps,

Lately it seems that quite a few of you are using the chat room to bitch about other members and say horrible things about them. I know it's not logical to expect everybody to get along with each other, but the chatroom is NOT a place for you to be criticising other members and turning other members against them.

I have been reading the chatlogs and it seems there are a select few of you using the private messages feature in chat to slag off members. This is not going to be tolerated and anybody who carries on can expect to lose their access to chat. We are a support forum and aim to create a welcoming and safe site for everybody, and this behaviour will not be tolerated by a few cowards who want to slag off members behind their back. This does actually equate to bullying and will be dealt with severly. I know who is doing it and I am watching your behaviour, and you will know whether this does or does not apply to you. I've seen these similar people talking about bullying online or offline that they have been subject to, so I find it a tad hypocritical that they feel like they are able to do it to others when they don't like it themselves.

If you have a problem with a member then you can block them or speak to a member of staff about it. What you say about anybody off the site is none of my business, but anything you do say on here is going to be seen and will be dealt with. I'm actually shocked that people are idiotic enough to bad mouth other members when EC tries hard to be a welcoming and safe place for people. I, and nobody else, will have a few of you ruining the sites reputation for everybody. If you carry on then don't expect to remain here much longer.

Sorry for those of you who are innocent, but I am getting this message across to everybody. I'm not going to stand and watch people bully other members just because the members doing so feel all popular now that they have settled in. If you are one of the members doing it then quit it. It's as simple as that. Your antics may be anonymous for now, but push it enough and you'll be punished for it and people will know. As I said, I don't expect everybody to get along, but disliking a member is no reason to slag them off on here. You have the right to block them, ignore them or PM either them or another member of staff. Use it and stop being a bully.

Rightio, my angry side has been indulged. I hope now I won't have to show it again as you'll all be luffly once again. :slight_smile:

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I am repeating and emphasising that, because we mean it. Any repeat of this and those involved can expect to be demoted to regular member status, losing access to the chatroom and PMs.

3. Martin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The chat room has been temporarily closed whilst the chatlogs over the last 24 hours are reviewed and logged. It appears that the incidents reported above are on a much larger scale than anticipated, and as a result the staff will be reviewing and discussing them.

4. Martin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After a review of the logs we have now demoted 4 members and contacted them. The staff are now discussing what will happen from here and any updates will be posted here.

5. Martin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The chat room has now been opened once again. :slight_smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.