1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

View sent PM after you subsequently deleted it?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by BobObob, May 21, 2016.

1. BobObob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Soon before I post this thread, I finished writing a long PM to an admin, but soon after sending it realized that I forgot to click the box for the option to send a read receipt. I then decided to delete and re-send the message with the read receipt option selected, but when I composing the new message after deleting the send one, I realized that I had copied something into my clipboard other than the body of the message. So I lost the message I had taken time to write due to stupidly deleting the old message before copying it to a text editor instead of assuming that it was still in my clipboard. Should there still be a copy of it somewhere that's available to me (other than the copy I deleted in my sent folder)? I figure the answer is probably no, but I figure I might as well ask anyways.

Also, I assume that deleting it in my sent folder less than a minute after sending it only deletes a copy on my end, and that the recipient still receives a copy that isn't deleted. Am I correct about this?

One change I would suggest after this is that the read receipt option is checked by default. This isn't the first time I've sent a PM that I would've wanted a read receipt for, but forgot to check that option.

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, this is the case. :slight_smile: I'm sure if you get in touch with the admin in question, they'll be more than happy to send you a copy of your sent message. Of course, by doing this they will be confirming that they've received it- perhaps defeating the object of the exercise!

Rest assured that your message will arrive. :slight_smile: The admins can be very busy but they will endeavour to get back to you as soon as they can!