1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There's something wrong with the forum.

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Sayonara, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Sayonara

Sayonara Guest

Everytime I try to post something new in the Sexual/Romantic orientation area, the site lags and then tells me there's been a fatal error. It keeps happening on every platform I use, how do I fix this? Thank you.

#1 Sayonara, Jun 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2016
  2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, KipKip.

In doing a quick test, I wasn't able to replicate that problem, but there is one possibility i can think of: At about 9pm and 9am Pacific time, the database server that runs emptyclosets does a backup, and for about 20 minutes around that time, the site is very slow and mostly nonresponsive. Is it possible you made those posts at that time?

3. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As Chip says, it may be that you fell victim of EC's back-up, which runs twice a day.

Is this still happening?

4. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is still happening.

There has to be a way to make that nonblocking -- maybe reducing that process' priority? (just a suggestion, I'm no expert)

5. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    KipKip, is this the only site this is happening on? If not, it may be worth clearing your browser cache/cookies. This will log you out of any website you're on though, which is a disadvantage, especially if you don't know the password. Actually, even if it is the only website doing this, it may be worth doing anyway. Even if it doesnt solve the problem, it may well improve browser performance :slight_smile: (I do mine and my history regularly)