1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question of the website and helping

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by logansarah, Aug 11, 2016.

1. logansarah

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,
    Once/ if I show that I can be on the website constently, become a full member, be respectful and follow the rules of the website, and trustworthy is there a way to help the website without donating money? If so and if there are a couple ways could you recommend them and what I would need to do in order to qualify? If not, could you explain why? Thanks for your time.

The reason I want to do this is, because currently I will be a senior in high school and than I'll start college soon afterwards. I enjoy this website and it's already helped me in the small amount of time I've been on it.

Logansarah

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

We do make use of volunteers (we're entirely volunteer run) in various capacities that help EC function and grow. You can fill out the application once you've been around a while.

3. logansarah

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Would you say 6-8 months is an ok length of time to wait before applying?

Also at the moment I'm tentatively thinking of getting a Bachelor's in Computer Science when I go to college, so once I gain enough knowledge in that, and if I become a volunteer at EC before than, would I be able to switch to the Technical Team? if you're still looking for volunteers in that team by that time?

Thanks and I apologize for all the if than questions.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We're very flexible with volunteer roles. And, to be honest, right now, the community support team (mods and advisors) is the only one that's really active. So yes, 6 months is a very reasonable time, and you can volunteer in multiple capacities.