1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i do this?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by xMichaelx, Jun 27, 2007.

1. xMichaelx

I cant seem to set up a home page so i decided to just post on it. It says '' xMichaelx, you do not have permission to access this page'' and the reason i think it is ''Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?'' So can someone walk me threw this please?:confused:

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

3. xMichaelx

oh ok :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: thanks that was fast

4. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There really should be some kind of clear indication of this... a lot of people get caught by it.

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I agree.

The trouble is that anything like this gets the same vBulletin "insufficient permissions" message, which is obviously generic. The message cannot be varied depending on the actual error, but I may be able to add some common causes in the one message.

The info is in Dave's how-to thread (linked above), but of course many people will try it without knowing the instructions exist.

I now have FTP access to the server (rather than just vBulletin admin panel) so once the house move is done I want to tidy some of this stuff up. If I can sort out some way or somewhere for the information to go where it will be seen, I'll do it.

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cool thanks! That will help.