1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kik group?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by AfraidandAlone, Oct 26, 2016.

1. AfraidandAlone

I don't know if this is somthing that we could do or not, but I know the chat room is hard for people to use on mobile devices. Is there a place people can share kik user names (or usernames for other apps like that)?

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello,

Private information and information that could lead to offsite contact can only be carefully exchanged through PMs, due to security reasons.

3. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Also, I'd like to add to what Chiroptera said. Be very very careful and sure when you want to exchange any sort of information like that, since you can't take it back. Make sure that you'd WANT the other member to have your information.

4. AfraidandAlone

Oh if I ever give out information for somthing like that I make sure to use an account I've made that has 0 real information about me. No pics or any relivent contact information other than an e-mail address I make just for that account. Apps like kik are very handy for that sort of stuff because it is so easy to make accounts that aren't linked to any thing else.

5. Silver Sparrow

Hi there! I just wanted to say that this would NOT BE ALLOWED in the public forums or on the walls, as it would constitute off-site contact.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We totally know that the current chatroom software (which is 10+ years old) doesn't support mobile devices.

The new platform, when we get switched over to it, will have much better support, both in chat and in general, for mobile devices. Until then, we don't have a whole lot to offer. As Silver Sparrow said, we can't allow any sort of off-site contact info, including Kik contact info, in anything other than PMs to individual members.