1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idea: Venting Forum

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Emberstone, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Emberstone

Have you guys ever considered having a venting forum where people who are having a bad day and just need a place to vent about something can come and just post about it. Of course, you would want the same rules to apply to it that apply to the existing forum. It might be helpful for people who just need to let off some steam and maybe people who understand can suggest solutions or give words of encouragemnt.

2. Bryan44

This is a good idea :slight_smile:

3. Greggers

I tend to use Post Secret for this hah, but having a forum just for this *could* be a good idea, but id be afraid it would turn into a giant thing of....

[​IMG]

....and that is something that could be avoided :slight_smile: Maybe a simple thread that is stickied called "Vent Here" or something hah

4. Shevanel

Mmmm Spam XD

But on a serious note, Greg is possibly right

5. DyingForever

DyingForever Guest

I personal like the anon forum i think having another forum would just be more unnecessary work

6. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm, I think it would be too irresponsible to jump straight into a forum for such a topic. Post Secret isn't necessarily for venting, but it's not a case of us removing any posts that does.

Perhaps it would be best to have a venting thread first? Depending how well that is then the possibility of an expansion could be discussed later down the line, but I can't really see it happening anytime soon. There needs to be evidence that a new forum is needed and there is very little to warrant this type of forum. A thread would be adequate enough, and if and when that starts becoming too demanding then maybe a forum can be created for it.

Just a thought to throw into the mix.

7. Jim1454

Instead of a venting thread, which I seriously think accomplishes nothing, how about a thread about "All the things that went wrong today and how I should have reacted differently to them."?

Everyone is responsible for their OWN attitude. 'Venting' is often just passing blame onto others, and therefore relieving yourself of any. And that's very seldom , in reality, what should be done...

Just MY two cents.

8. Courtneyyy

I think a venting thread would be very helpful. Lots of times I go to post something in Post Secret and then I realize that it isn't really a secret, just something that pissed me off, but not something that pissed me off enough to create a thread about it. So I vote a venting thread would be good. I guess it would be nice to have it Anon, maybe another sticky like Post Secret and Let someone know you're thinking of them.

9. Greggers

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

10. DyingForever

DyingForever Guest

I like this idea (!)

11. Tim

Tim

As much as the idea sounds ok...

Isn't this essentially what blogs are for? :confused:

12. Greggers

If a blog was only used for venting after a bad day, i think it would be called "Vent after a bad day" not a blog?

I think what the thread being asked for is a thread basically called just that.

"Vent after a bad day"

a bit more specific. I know ive written poetry and stuff on my blog, or posted lists or other random things, so its more broad in my eyes. If that makes any sense?

I definitely think this would be a good sticky to have because it would keep venting away from other threads as much as possible. Because really, venting is just spam for the most part. The only difference from other spam is that its useful to vent so it does have a time and place. Maybe that place could be this sticky?

13. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with Martin. I don't think there's enough demand for a whole forum, so why not start out as a thread, and if there's enough demand, we can re-visit the issue.

Looking, "Post Secret" and "Let someone know you're thinking of them" are similar themed threads, in so much as usually it's more of a one way conversation, and they seem to be doing fine without having to open a separate forum for them.