1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Database Error

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by TeddyV, Dec 3, 2016.

1. TeddyV

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I tried to post a new thread but it said Database Error? Is this a technical thing or was my post inappropriate?

2. moonmodule

This website was doing the same thing to me the other day on every other page i tried to go on, I just assumed it was a technical error of some sort but it went away after a long while. I'm assuming if your post would be found inappropriate in some way you'd get a message from an admin or mod or something but I could be wrong.

3. TeddyV

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was just asking people to help me do a survey for my school project. I thought they didn't allow me to post un-related topic in the forum. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is the problem still occurring? There are backups that happen twice a day, and during that period (roughly noon and midnight Eastern time, for about a half hour) the site is either incredibly slow or generates errors. If it was at that time, it was probably that.

However, we also had crashed database tables twice in the past several days. If the error happened other than at the times above, I need to know that so we can fix the database issues.

5. TeddyV

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It is still happening now. I pressed "Preview Post" and it went "Database Error", the same for the summit button

6. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm.

I've been making posts and haven't run into it, and I just tried using the preview button and didn't get the error.

Can you provide a link to the thread where this is happening so I can try and replicate the problem?

Thanks!

7. TeddyV

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Here is what it looks like after I pressed the preview button

[​IMG]

8. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

In order to solve the problem, what I need is the exact URL of the thread where the problem is occurring. It seems to only be occurring on certain threads, and I have to be able to reproduce it in order to get the tech team to fix it.

Thanks!

9. TeddyV

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was trying to create a new thread in the Chit Chat section and it doesn't allow me to do so...Idk how to send you the URL of a thread that hasn't even been made yet?

10. SonicBoom

I've been trying to start a thread all day yesterday.

I tried around five times yesterday at different times but I still got the same data base error.

I tried again today, same data base error.

---------- Post added 6th Dec 2016 at 11:57 AM ----------

Most of the time, when I tried to start a new thread , I got the same database error that Teddy got.

I just tried again, I got this message.

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error"

After I got the above message, I tried again and I got the database error message.

11. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Which Section were you trying to create the thread in? Narrowing down the exact sub-forum where this error displayed might make it easier for the administrators to try and pinpoint the problem.

#11 Ram90, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  12. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The security token error is different from the database errors.

It typically happens when your session expires, which basically means when you've been more than a certain number of minutes (I think 15) from your past page load. It happens to me, for example, when I load a bunch of pages to read, then get distracted doing something else, and go back, a couple hours later to try and post to a thread.

When I get that error, I copy my post out of the posting box, then do a cntl-click on the reload icon in the browser to force the browser to reload the whole window, and then paste the text and submit the post. That generally works.

I've tried creating threads in several different forums including chit-chat and wasn't able to reproduce the error. If you can give me more details, or a set of circumstances where it's reproducible, I can look at it further.

13. CaptainGarbage

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm getting the same error as TeddyV when I try to post a new thread in the Gender Identity and Expression section.

14. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've asked a couple other staff to see if one of us can reproduce the error you're having. If that doesn't work, there's a database maintenance we can run that usually fixes weird problems but I hesitate to run it if we haven't exhaustively looked for the issue in other ways.

15. sarabelle22

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm having the same issue trying to post a new thread in the Sexual and Romantic Orientation section. Have tried several times this morning, always get the database error.

Sexual and Romantic Orientation - Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=69

I typed out my entire story, copied it so I wouldn't lose it after the database error, and just realize that I've now completely lost it because I copied and pasted those links above. Literally every single road I've gone down trying to reach out to anyone has had something like this happen; I'm starting to think it's written in the stars that I'll never be able to get to any help or support in any of this!

16. Enjel

Enjel Guest

17. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We have the tech team looking at this. The problem is, the error is so extremely intermittent that it's hard to reproduce, so it's even harder to identify the cause. But they are working on it.

18. Enjel

Enjel Guest

This error seems to have been resolved!

Thank you staff of EC! :eusa_clap