1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat Maintenance

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Martin, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey peeps,

Chat will be closed a few hours tomorrow so that i can check over the mod commands and see if I can identify this ignore bug that was recently reported. This is part of the check-ups that are conducted every 3 months, and as it was lasted inspected 3 months ago I want to get it sorted ASAP. I could do it on Sunday but in the unlikely event that Jesus should return then I wouldn't want to deprive him of EC Chat. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyways, just a heads up.

Edit: Tomorrow is actually today for UK timezone peeps.

#1 Martin, Apr 10, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  2. Greggers

*single tear* Fine.

And i have a good feeling about this Sunday Martin. You better get praying :wink:

3. Martin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm praying!

[youtube]WLKk00OYKhU[/youtube]

4. crystaltriforce

how long does matinence usually take?

5. Martin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends. If all the commands work fine then it should take about an hour, but this check may take longer due to the ignore bug that needs exploring. It also depends how many times I may have to stop and go deal with something else on the forum.

It should hopefully be no more than two hours, but as I know very little about the bugs I can't be sure. It's not something that will drag on for numerous hours as even I don't have that much patience.

6. Shevanel

Martin I'm glad you perfectly timed this with my sister's birthday so I doubt I'd be on much at all tomorrow anyway. I think the whole God thing and everything was just a hint to let us all know Martin is actually the returning Jesus :grin:

7. Martin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Chat is now closed. It will be open within a few hours once everything has been checked. :slight_smile:

Some may find they are able to get access. I will need to have it open when my test account is accessing it, so I may have to boot any innocent peeps who wander in. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Martin_Testing

Hey peeps,

The commands have now been tested and I am currently working on trying to figure out this ignore bug. It's difficult for me to do it using my testing accounts so if anybody is willing to help me test the ignore commands then feel free to enter chat now as it's currently open.

If you find chat is closed when you try and access it then I will have already started the testing so you will have been a lil late. :grin:

Please also don't join chat just to have a discussion. Chances are the bug is going to mess the room up when I try and test it and the last thing needed is to be fighting with conversations at the same time. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyways, if you're interested then feel free to go to chat now.

9. Martin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Chat is now open again after being tested for the ignore bug.

Thanks to Rosina, Helen and Joey for the help. :slight_smile:

I'll post about the bug stuff in more detail soon once I've posted in the staff forum.

10. Martin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Rightio, this bug malarcky.

It has been tested by those with a rank of full member, chatroom moderator and super moderator. My testing account was ignored by all members in chat and it received a message informing me of each one. There was no problems in typing or no error message appearing that affected any users ability to communicate in chat.

Secondly, my testing account was banned and unbanned. Upon logging in there was no error message and messages where still ignored by members. However, the ignores appeared to be gone after my test account had logged out, but they were still active in chats database.

Thirdly, my test account logged out and then signed back in. Once again no error messages or members seeing the messages being sent.

It did raise the problem that members are unable to remove an ignore as it appears gone when one of the two members signs out. If this is the case then you'll have to ask a member of staff to remove it for you. Old ignores are often removed when a member has self-deleted or been demoted, and any new ones can be removed upon request if you find that the ignore appears to be gone for you.

That's pretty much it. If anybody does get affected by this ignore bug then please screenshot it, but for now it appears to be gone. :slight_smile: