1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spam Notice

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Martin, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey peeps,

It seems lately that the support forums have been becoming fairly busy and some threads have been getting derailed by a few members. The support forums are to remain on topic at all times and are to be spam free. Both staff and members are very active in reading and responding in these sections, and having to navigate around spammy conversations is really not something people who want to give support should have to do.

Any posts that are spam will be deleted. I don't know whether some people are doing it as some plot to increase post count, but it's a tad silly when there is a Fun and Games forum open to all. If a member is found to be posting lots of spam then they will be spoken to and will risk having sanctions placed on them. EC is primarily a support website, and we will not have various support forums becoming derailed and spammy by a few members who want to post jibberish and make threads become cluttered.

This is also applying to the anonymous forums, in particular the Post Secret and Thinking Of You threads. It seems some themes in there either prompt discussions or people wanting to know who the anon poster is. The thread is for posting secrets (duhhh) so anything that isn't doing that is technically not meant to be there. However, we're not going to be that anal as that would take the piss. If you're offering support and advice (or even an opinion/input) then fair enough, but having a long discussion about one thing in there is not really appropriate at all. Furthermore, it is not appropriate to be asking anonymous posters who they are. This seems to happen frequently in posts when somebody says they have some e-crush on you or whatever, and then people respond asking who it is. Not only is it insane to ask an anonymous person who they are, but it's also irrelevant to the thread and causes spam. Don't do it.

I know this only applies to a few people, but it's easier to get the problem identified for everybody and fixed before it becomes a major problem. We're not going to name and shame people, but you will know whether or not you're spamming in the support forums. I read a few days ago a thread about not dating in which two members then started posting about how they could "offer a date" to each other. It's not relevant to the thread, it's not helping the OP, it shouldn't be there. If you never do anything like this then that's swish, please keep it that way. However, if you are one of the people who are spamming then you really need to stop. The posts aren't going to remain there and you are putting your access at risk by doing so.

If you find any of your posts are deleted and you think it has been doneso by mistake then please post in Ask The Staff and it can be discussed there. Please do not post inside the thread as that itself is spam, and is sorta like Catch 22. You are also welcome to post in Ask The Staff if you have any questions about this spam crackdown. I know the above details seem rather vague, but I think it would be a tad patronising if I started telling you what is and is not spam. You're all intelligent enough to know whether a post is relevant or not.

Thankies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.