1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things we can/cant post

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by nisomer, Mar 14, 2005.

1. nisomer

Hello, are there any certain things (besides the obvious) that we can and can't post? I don't really see a "rules" page so I'm just kinda wondering what things we can talk about, and what things we can't. thanks

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Well since it's still a new forum, the rules haven't really been considered in detail yet. They tend to evolve based on experience.

We have to bear in mind that this site is targeted at people of all ages, but in particular young people including those under 18. Obviously we are not looking at it being "child-friendly" since people probably wouldn't be here if they weren't questioning their sexuality (or already aware and accepting of it) so at least in their teens. However we don't want anything too explicit either, and we cannot have images or content that would normally live on an adult-only site.

I don't know how much that helps, as it's not that easy to define. Hopefully you get the general idea though.

3. Stew

^ what Paul said

(beat me to it :icon_wink )

My oppinion is that there is no subject that can not be discussed/ talked about, it is how that is done and what the reason for the discussion and the tone of the posts that will affect how a particular thread is managed.

Stew

4. nisomer

I see what you are saying :slight_smile:

Thanks guys

5. Aaron

Aaron Guest

Basically, just use common sense. Dangerous, yes, but useful.

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Don't worry - if you post something inappropriate, I or one of the other Mods will remove it (or modify it to make it more appropriate) and will send you a Private Message through the forum letting you know what we've done and why. This hasn't happened yet, so if we keep going as we are now, it'll be great! :icon_bigg

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Another thing to add (which I just thought of) - we would discourage people from posting photos of themselves in the forum. This is really for your own safety and anonimity, which is of course the whole point of this place. It also means that the forum doesn't get regarded as a "dating" site, which it certainly isn't. That's not to say we prohibit posting photos - we just advise strongly against it.

The same would go for your contact details (email, messenger, phone etc). There is the Private Messages thing if you want to discuss something off-forum. However the usual caution is advised when responding to requests for other contact details via this.

Paul.

8. goratrix

I was about to say the same. Use your common sense, If it should happen that you post something that should not be posted, I'm sure there will alwasy be a mod ready to tell you, or even delete de offensive post. However, as long as you keep it human, true and not too harsh, I don't see why anyone would do that.

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Another thing we can't post is links etc to 18+ adult sites of any type. These could cause legal problems since this site welcomes people who could not legally visit those sites.

Paul.