1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixing anonymous preview

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by joeyconnick, May 30, 2009.

1. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hiya,

I know this has been requested before (years ago, even) but since it is obviously still an issue for people, I thought I would re-mention it.

As can be seen in tons of threads in the Anonymous forum, people still get really tripped up by the fact that if you have UNticked the "post anonymously" box while writing a post in that section and you then preview your post, the box gets REticked and if you don't catch that, you end up mistakenly posting your post anonymously when in fact you meant to post it as yourself.

It seems like it should be pretty simple to make that box "remember" its state, so that if someone has unticked it, it stays unticked even if people preview their messages.

This minor change would probably result in a huge reduction of double-posting where people accidentally post things anonymously and then re-post saying "oops, that was me!"

2. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd also appreciate it a lot if that could be fixed. :slight_smile:
    Also I'd love it if we could have quick reply in the anonymous section as it's so much well.. Quicker lol.

3. No One

And while we are doing that d you think that we could also have the post count towards our post count cause i mean a lot and i mean A LOT of my posts are in anonymous and i want to see how much faster my number would rise

4. davo-man

Just my two cents on this topic: How about a popup box that comes up every time you post as Anonymous, that confirms you want to post anonymously. I mean, this would alert people to this before posting, with the ability to cancel out and untick the anonymous box. I think this would completely stop the "sorry, that was me" posts.

5. Lychee

This would completely defeat anonymity and would make it a lot easier to see who is posting anonymously, thus defying the purpose of it.

6. Shevanel

You are both quite right. I agree. If it can be done that is. If it can't, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to be just a bit more extra attentive when posting don't you think? :icon_wink

7. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the past few years have more than proven that it's beyond a lot of people's attention spans. :lol:

8. Shevanel

Aye, don't blame me, however, for people's lack of patience and distraction :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. Stuie

I like this idea or maybe a dialogue asking "Do you want to post this as anonymous?"

10. Ben

Ben

It's certainly a good idea. I don't know how easy it would be on the technical side of things, because the system of anonymous posting was developed as a vBulletin add-on by someone not associated with EC.

If you accidentally post anonymously, then it's probably a good idea to just make an exact duplicate of the post rather than putting something like "^That was me!". That way, if a mod sees it then the anonymous duplicate can be easily deleted. Or you can report the anonymous post and ask for it to be deleted. :slight_smile:

11. Eccentric

That's a really great idea Bênjí. I'll have to remember that.
    Post count
    It means nothing
    NOTHING