1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error message when attempting to post (using quick reply)

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by joeyconnick, May 31, 2009.

1. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heya,

I've now received the following error message twice when attempting to post using the quick reply box:

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

Anyone else?

Any ideas what it is?

2. Techcompu2

I have not gotten the message, I am typing this in quick reply as a test

EDIT: have you only gotten it once? or multiple times?

3. TriBi

Sorry Joey - never happened to me - and I use 'Quicky Reply' all the time.

I'm afraid I have no idea - we'll have to wait for one of the tech savvy people to chime in.

4. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

How long were you trying to type the message for? Sounds like a session issue to me. Is it possible that when you were typing your message, your session was closed?

5. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It definitely could be a session issue because I'd loaded the page a while ago... it's just that I do this all the time and have never seent his error.

I did see it more than once today.

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I had an email about this the other day from someone who got it when editing their profile. Martin said he also got it once but it worked when he tried again.

I have Googled the error but can only find things relating to it happening after installing or upgrading and happening consistently, not the odd random occurrences. I ran the database checking and repair tools a couple of days ago in case there was a problem there but they didn't report any issues.

When logging in ensure that the "Remember Me" box is ticked as that causes it to use a different type of cookie and reduces problems of being inadvertently logged out. If you disconnect and reconnect getting a different IP address while logged in that can sometimes cause this sort of problem, but again the Remember Me option should keep you logged in regardless.

No definitive answers, I know!

7. genroxbro

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    error message when attempting to post using quick reply

"Sorry, the board administrator has enabled search flood control. Please wait at least 5 seconds before trying again." and when i wait and try again i get the same thing...

i am getting this error this morning when i try to "vieew new posts"

8. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Re: error message when attempting to post using quick reply

Did you wait 5 seconds and try it again?

9. biisme

Re: error message when attempting to post using quick reply

hm

10. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I got a "Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched." trying to start a quick search. I had checked "Remember Me" It was a "Stale" page, so I tried refreshing the page before searching again. No dice. I tried logging out and logging back in. No dice.

I tried logging in a second web browser, and then it worked in both the first browser (firefox) and the second one (IE)