1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a small question

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Kizz, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    of course, we are all very familiar with this message by now. and several have been banned by it etc.

but, I was wondering, are we ever allowed to do anything in there when we're at a specific age? :confused:
    I don't want to start anything, I was just wondering if the same rules apply both to a 16 year old person, and, lets say, a 50 year old person. I was just a little unsure, as-in my own opinion-it is a way to protect the younger members of EC.

but, hey. what do I know? I'm probably missing the point so much, that I couldn't miss much more if I pointed the other way, and the point was in a completely different country alltogether :lol:

if it is, fine. I was mearly wondering if it applies only to protect younger people, or to protect everyone. :slight_smile:

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any member of any age can give another member their email or other contact details if it's done privately. We're not saying you can't give that information at all because of age, we just can't have it posted publicly on the site where anybody can access it.

The security measures were introduced because of the exploitation of younger members, but they're in place to protect everybody. We try and protect all members equally so that we don't put the site at risk of being shut down or tightened even more.

3. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Age can be easily forged, so that wouldn't offer any *real* protection, and all it takes is one party being able to publicly post contact information, and any other unauthenticated party (young or old) would be able to read it.

As Martin said you can privately exchange contact information, and I prefer to do that anyways, because I don't want my real email address, etc. publicly visible. If you wish to contact a new member, you may have to wait for them to get full member status, but such is life. Until then enjoy semi-private wall posts.

4. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ah, ok. was just wondering :slight_smile:
    well, guess, any admin who comes by can lock this. it's been answered :3