1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat Room Update and Rules

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Paul_UK, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

The chat room is now located on the emptyclosets.com server and linked into the forum database.

This means that if you are logged into the forum and click the Chat Room link you should be taken straight into the chat room without needing to log in again. If you do need to log in, use the same username and password as you use for the forum.

People who are not members of the forum will not be able to access the chat room.

The page showing the chat room rules has been removed as having this step prevents the automatic login from working. The rules do still apply however, and will be included in the site Code of Conduct which will be included on the new front page which we are currently designing.

For reference the chat room rules are:

• The Empty Closets chat room is for use by members of Empty Closets only.

• Always respect other people in the chat room. Do not say anything offensive or abusive. Avoid arguments and disagreements, and accept that some people will have opinions and outlooks that differ from yours. Do not say anything that is not suitable for people under the age of eighteen.

• Let everyone have time to read and reply. Do not make lots of short replies to push other people's messages off the screen. Do not try to take over the conversation. If other people want to talk about different things, let them.

• For your own safety and privacy, do not give out your personal details (email address, phone number, home address etc) in the chat room.

• All logins and conversations are logged and will be checked regularly by the moderators. Anyone found to be abusing the chat room in any way will be banned from the chat room and may also be banned from the forum.

#1 Paul_UK, Jul 22, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  2. davo-man

Hey Paul...thanx for the update on the Chat room...just wondering if you needed to revise the second and third rules cos now its an automatic login...i think you may have just copy/pasted those form the old chat room rules, but i might be wrong and just reading them the wrong way....

3. CrimsonThunder

I think you still need to sign up for the chat room, amirite?

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Yes I did just copy/paste the old rules - I'll edit as appropriate. Thanks for spotting that!

You don't need to (and can't) sign up to the chatroom separately now. All the old chatroom memberships from the previous one are gone, and it now used the forum membership.

5. CrimsonThunder

Ahh I see. =)

BTW I was just wondering if its me or not, can anyone else view peoples profiles from the chat room? (Click on their name and go to profile) it doesnt work for me anymore. :frowning2:

6. Micah

It works for me =]

7. CrimsonThunder

Don't rub it in my face or anything. <_<

8. Micah

Lol. I wasn't trying to sorry. I actually meant to say after "what happens when you try?" :slight_smile:

9. CrimsonThunder

Sure you did. =P

Nothing happens. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

What browser and operating system are you using? It works for me with Firefox on WinXP.

It should take you to their profile page here in the forum, the same as you get by choosing View Public Profile from their name in a post or in the members list.