1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Profile field addition.

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by NateDawg, Aug 27, 2009.

1. NateDawg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think we should have another profile field to put our name. This would help to be able to call the member's by their real names and not have to remember all these user names. I personally love being able to know first name basis. It's much more realistic in my opinion.

Does anyone agree that we should have one?

2. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm, it's an interesting idea, though most members make do with sicking their name on their Bio on their profile, or in the little user title, but I guess a second user title could be added and people are encouraged to put their preferred first name on it?

Though, it doesn't help out in Chat, we could have a second name in there, one we can edit, that's in brackets after our user name, perhaps?

The only problem with having something like this is that it might not be used for the reason for it being there; one hypothetical situation comes into my head: members could put their MSN address in the bracketed name in Chat, and it may turn out mods have no way of moderating what's put there? I don't know what they can and can't do, but I can imagine it become and real pain or something.

Ignore that last bit, I'm just sharing my really strange thoughts.

3. Absentminded

Actually, Rosina, I agree with you. I think it's a good idea, but, with the restrictions that the mods have about putting s/n's, and people could try using that as a loophole to get around posting s/n's.

4. Miles D

Hmm... well there are a few places where someone's preferred name can be put. In their banner-thingy like me, in their bio, in their signature, etc etc etc.

Also, I feel like if a person saw "Name:" they would put their full name (which is a no-no), or either something made up (#1c00l r0ck3r). The way it's set up now leaves people the choice of putting their name :slight_smile:

5. NateDawg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doens't have to be a requirement.. It simply could be by choice. just put parenthesis beside where they fill out the field and say first name only.