1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add the ability to delete things we write on our own walls

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Owen, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

For the second time, I have accidentally written on my own wall when I meant to write on someone else's wall. Unfortunately, the only way to delete it is to report is and wait for a mod to delete it. I don't wish to pester the mods this way, so is there a way to make it possible to delete things we write on our own walls?

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There used to be various options that allowed users to deal with wall comments on their wall, but unfortunately they had to get removed due to people abusing them to get around the ban on personal information and off-site contacts. A common problem was that you would get a few people who would post their email, edit/delete it and then send another message to try and cover it up and mislead the staff monitoring messages. Sadly, the position that put us in was to either disable the wall completely, or to change it in a way that made it impossible for members to use it as a way to break the rules. As a result, we can't change the settings without risking having the wall disabled completely because of the actions of a few disruptive members.

3. tulman

I just made the same mistake. Entered "delete wall posts" in the search box and this came up. Guess I'll just have to report my own 2 erroneous wall posts and hope they get deleted.

4. BudderMC

^ yep, just report them and we'll take care of them for you, no problems. :slight_smile:

5. Ticklish Fish

LOL. EC has loads of disc/server space, they aren't in a hurry to delete that~ (right?)

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When a member says that they want something deleted, we'll take care of it as soon as one of us sees it.