1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new sub-category.

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by fallendream, Dec 14, 2009.

1. fallendream

there are alot of people on EC tat speak (or type) multiple languages, so how about a sub-category (like chit-chat, fun and games etc. are) for other languages so people who speak other languages can comunicate with each other more freely?

2. Eccentric

I think the french thread is the only one that's actually going strong =D

3. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think that's a good idea (well the way you've suggest it anyway).

To keep user management easier, wouldn't it be best to partner up with people who would run seperate forums in different languages to coexist with EC?
    Either way, there's a lot of coming out forums on the internet now, and practically all languages on the planet have access to one.

4. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    instead of uniting people togther it tears them apart. so many conflicts have been created because of language barriers its best to just leave it in english where every one understands (hopefully) the other

5. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    only if it's segregationist. no-one ever suggested that it wouldn't be inclusive of anyone.

兎に角、良いアイディアと思います。

6. Lychee

If we're speaking other languages that some people don't understand, then clearly it won't be inclusive to everyone...

Although I don't see this as being a problem.
    Rather, I don't see the need for this as a sub-category

7. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From a staff perspective, this would be hell to implement. We would need staff who speak the language to make sure that things are not getting out of hand and that rules aren't being broken. It's important that new features on the site don't conflict with the rules currently set up on the site, and that isn't something that can be guaranteed here without having staff who fully speak the language, and finding that could be a very time-consuming process.

I have never really been a fan of the language threads that exist in Chit Chat. My general opinion is that all the threads in there should be open to everybody and that isn't possible when you start introducing different languages in there. At least if everything is in English all registered members can participate. However, I have always left them for the sake of not being a killjoy. I don't think my ideology of the discussion forums should be embedded into the rules and forced on everybody which is why I have never tried to remove them, but I think anything beyond that (such as the above idea) is going a bit too far and moves us away from our primary focus - offering support and advice.

That's my general opinionnnn.

8. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I think that this is an english forum, and I don't think we would need this (if someone is going to join an english forum I think they should understand that english is going to mainly be the spoken language). Firstly, there is too little people (from my experience) that speak other languages, so this would be pointless. And the sub categories would be rarely used/posted on.

9. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hence why I suggested if there was a strong push for it to just partner up with other sites rather than make sub sections. x)
    I still stand by what I said about there not being a need to, though.