1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to add an option to "Follow" threads?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Greggers, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Greggers

Im wondering if it is at all possible to have a little button on the top of threads to add them to a personal list of threads your "following" so that you can easily access them via a separate page for followed threads?

Ive heard of it on other threads, and i know from personal experience it can be hard to locate "lost" threads you want to go back and add to, see progress, ect. I know you can always just "bookmark" threads with your browser, but thats not always an option if you dont want people knowing about EC or if your bookmarks are cluttered to oblivion.

It sounds like a simple idea to me, but dabbling in programing i know "simple" ideas can be some of the tricky ones...

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can do something similar already by going to Thread Tools > Subscribe to this Thread.

It should then take you to a page that allows you to select whether you receive an email notification about any new responses, and it then saves the thread in a Subscriptions folder located within My Settings. Any new posts should make it appear in My Settings (similar to how notifications do), but if you just went to List Subscriptions then it has all your subscribed threads listed and ready for easy access.