1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sticky Thread in gay rights forum

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Emberstone, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Emberstone

It just hit me, it might be useful if we had a thread that could list where issues such as gay marriage, civil unions, hate crimes, and other legal challanges for equality were being worked on.

It could be update periodicly, and would let people know where things are working through legislatures, links to bills, and groups involved.

that way, we could have a one stop place to find out where things stand, incase people want to get involved, donate to groups fighting for equality for lgbt people.

we would still be discussing it, but this could help people organize their support for specific causes being faught in their area and beyond.

we have the forums for discussons, but this might possibly be further useful, so I thoughtI would suggest it.

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,

It sounds like a good idea, but I am not sure we would have the resources to implement it and keep it updated. It is likely to be something the staff can participate in as not all of them are aware of legal cases in their country or state, and we also have to be careful it doesn't become a 5-minute wonder for anybody taking charge of it.

If there are peeps willing to get it set up then great, but I think the idea should be planned and implemented from the member base rather than having it assigned as a staff responsibility. In this case we are no more likely to know about such information than the rest of you, so it would make sense to allow the majority to contribute their knowledge. There's no reason the staff can't join in if they want to, but the updates would need to be the responsibility of members.

I do like the idea though. It would be pretty educational if used correctly.

Martin.