1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roleplay

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Taurusguy92, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Taurusguy92

Hey guys/girls

I don't know if any of you would be interested in starting one, but I think it might be interesting to start a roleplay. For those of you who don't know, a roleplay is pretty much a story where you assume the identity of a certain character. You come up with a name for your character, and list different features of their appearance and things that would relate to the roleplay and give a little background information. The other cool thing about a role play is that you make up the story as you go and have to respond to whatever the next person posts. So I was just wondering if you were interested. If you are and have ideas just either post here or on my wall.

2. runner246

runner246 Guest

Wow, Taurus, great idea. Roleplay would be an amazing addition to the EC. There are so many things you could do with it, and we'd get to meet some amazing people. It would force them to 'come out of the closet' so to speak!

Did you have any ideas about where you wanted to take it? I mean, like, genre and stuff like that?

3. Daniel

I'm in! Just want to know where it is going.

4. -Michael-

Only if I can be Dumbledores Younger, hipper brother (who's also gay and twice as powerful)

5. NickT

OMGOMGOMG I LOVE ROLEPLAYING!

I've roleplayed on WoW, Furcadia, and several forums. This includes Harry Potter, fantasy, sci fi, steampunk, etc.

6. Taurusguy92

Ok well I think the only way this would work is if a sub section in the Fun and Games section was created specifically for Roleplay so that the section would not be completely full of different RP's. I'm really excited to see all the support this is getting. If any of the staff read this, please consider my proposal. I think it would be a very interesting and fun addition to the site.

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! :slight_smile:

EC staff have discussed your proposal. I am sorry to inform you that we have decided not to create a forum for roleplay. Our decision is based on previous experiences with similar ideas where members have created threads and asked for a forum for it but after a short while the interest in it was lost. The activity would not really warrant a forum.

Moreover, and although roleplay is a great idea, if we would allow a forum for roleplay, in fairness we would also have to grant then similar requests, which would make the running and monitoring of EC more difficult given that resources (time and energy) would need to be spent on monitoring these additional forums.

In addition, in deciding as to whether a forum is created we also have to look at the purpose and goals of Empty Closets. Empty Closets is first and foremost a support forum. Although the Fun and Games Forum is a part of it, we do believe that the F&G forum is adequate to accommodate your idea on roleplay.

Thank you for understanding. If you have any questions let me or any other staff member know.