1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Promotions and Changes

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Mirko, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello everyone :slight_smile:

Please help me to congratulate Helen and Victor on their promotion from Chat Room Moderators to Forum Moderators. Welcome to the world of Forum Moderating. Fun stuff. In addition, biisme has agree to be a full Forum Moderator. Thank you for taking that on. :slight_smile:

You might have noticed that Staff members now have bold and colourful usernames. This is in response to member's requests to make different Staff members more visible on the forum.

Staff members (according to their staff role) have been assigned a colour code:
    Admins: Red
    Advisors: Purple
    Experts: Green
    Moderators: Blue

For a quick reference as to who is on Staff we have streamlined the Staff page. On the Staff page you will also find a button/link to send us a PM.

2. Tim

Tim

XD The boldness is annoying at times, mainly with Joey's username, it likes to stretch out that box on my screen :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But I love the colors :grin:

And gogogo Helen and Tori :grin: And yay Katie. O_O *Watches the Dam start to overflow with mods* XD

3. Chandra

Could you point me to a thread that explains the different roles? (I had a quick look around but didn't see one.) Thanks.

4. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Here is the link to the Staff page: http://www.emptyclosets.com/forum/showgroups.php

5. Chandra

Thanks, I did see that page, but what I'm actually looking for is an explanation as to what the different responsibilities of each role (particularly advisors and experts) would be.

6. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there!

Oh sorry. On the FAQ page you will find an explanation to all of the roles. With the most recent changes, the only thing that has changed is the terminology. SuperMods are now EC Admins, however the description of the role is still the same. Here is the link: http://www.emptyclosets.com/home/pages/welcome/website-faq.php

Hope this helps.

7. fallendream

parts of it that need changing;
    Q. What are Super Moderators?

A. The Super Moderators have additional basic Administrator powers that normal Moderators do not have. Their primary focus is on the forum, but they also deal with account problems and application forms for Full Member status. They help to ease the workload for Paul_UK and ensure that all account settings for members are accurate. The two Super Moderators are Martin and TriBi.

you say super mods are now admins?

Q. Who are the moderators?

A. The moderators, admins and other key people are listed on the Forum Leaders page. The 'Chat Room Moderators' look after the chat room and the 'Moderators' look after the forum (though they can also moderate the chat room). Of the 'Admins' listed, Paul_UK is actively responsible for the day-to-day running of the site. The other admins are employees of the company that operates Empty Closets and visit the site less frequently.

paul left us :icon_sad:

8. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I'm thinking the colour would probably be enough, or the larger font size without bold, or bold without the larger font size. All three is a bit much.

Oh oops... I guess there's probably no font size difference.

#8 joeyconnick, Feb 23, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  9. Breakdown

i agree with this. even have the user names diferent colours as for how new u r 2 EC forums??