1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

friends list on ur homepage

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Tom, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Tom

Tom Guest

im not sure if any1 else has made a thread about this, i cudnt see 1 but i didnt really look for tht long, ive noticed next to friends it says:

city: closest city to them
    state: im gessin this shud mean ohio and places like tht

but if you look at the answers you will see:

city: answered correctly as in where they live
    state: if there out or not

now im not sure but i fink the last 2 cud b wrong for sum strange reason, im just wunderin if thts a bug in the system or u just aint noticed it, gesin its the first 1 tho cus u seem2 notice anything wrong well tht ive seen anyways

2. 24601

I'm going to hazard a guess and say that these options (Orientation, Out Status, Location) were fields that they changed manually, as in not through some sort of menu or built in option, and that the friends page of the homepage was forgotten. I don't have much experience in vBulletin, though. My only other guess would be that the homepage thing is not default vBulletin, and then the same thing applies there, in that they forgot to change those fields when they changed the rest of them manually. If there was nothing changed manually, I guess vBulletin (or an addon) made a little mistake. These are my guesses, anyway. Either way it's not really earth shattering.

3. Tom

Tom Guest

nah its not much of a problem tbh im not worried about it, just luks a lil weird thts all

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It's a bug in the homepage system, and unfortunately the person who wrote it is no longer involved with ###/EC. If I'm bored somewhen I will see if I can figure out where the labels are in the code and change them.

Any PHP/MySQL experts out there?

5. CrimsonThunder

You could try a ctrl+f and search for the word country and orientation?

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

There are loads of PHP files though, and I don't know if the captions are hard-coded in a PHP file or are referenced from database entries. It shouldn't be difficult to sort out though (UltraEdit lets you search for things in all files in a directory which will help with finding it), I just need to have some time.

There are more important things going on currently.

7. step49x

I know a little bit about PHP/mySQL. I'm certainly not an expert, but I could probably figure it out. If I can figure out how to make a simple blog w/ comments, I could probably be of assistance, if you ever want it.