1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gallery not showing on public homepage

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Pyro, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Pyro

I have updated some photos and activated the gallery page but I can't see them on my public profile

2. Re: Gallery

you may have uploaded the photos to your Hidden gallery

3. Pyro

Re: Gallery

I renamed the album... the gallery tab doesn't even apear in my profile page

4. Re: Gallery

when you upload the photos an option will appear that says hidden gallery. you should be able to click the arrow and click public gallery that should enable you to see it

5. Micah

Hey pyro,

I just checked your gallery via the mod panel. You have uploaded your images correctly, however, I don't believe you have copied them over into a "public" gallery. By fault, your pictures are set to the "hidden gallery"

To make your images public, you will need to go to edit album in your user options, then click hidden gallery. Once in here, highlight all the images and click move photos and then GO. You can then move them into your other gallery.

6. Pyro

I have changed thei album... I can't find anything to change their gallery

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I have just checked your settings and they all look to be OK from what I can see in the admin panel.

If you are still having problems send me a PM with your password so I can log in as you and take a quick look.

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I have logged in as Pyro and have sorted it. I think I have found a bug in the homepage gallery system.

He had created a new album and had four photos in it so everything was correct, but the gallery was not showing on his homepage. I think he uploaded the photos to his hidden album first then moved them to the new album.

I created another new album and uploaded a photo directly into it, then the gallery appeared with his photos and the one I added, on his homepage.

I think the system does not enable the gallery in the homepage until a photo is uploaded directly into an album. Moving a photo into an album does not enable it, only uploading directly into an album.

So if anyone is having problems with their gallery not showing try uploading one photo directly into one of your albums (not the hidden album). That should enable it properly, then everything will work and you can move, add and delete photos however you like.